What is the best Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion Machine to use At-Home?
I’m only in my early 30s, but I am already looking at skincare beyond the typical serums and masks. I don’t have the budget or need for plastic surgery just yet, but beefing up my antiaging routine has been on my mind lately. I also have acne scarring and hyperpigmentation that I know I could do better to treat.
Unfortunately, a lot of skincare products leave me with allergic reactions and redness, so it has been a long process of finding what works for my sensitive skin. I have a few products that work, but because I can’t use anything too irritating, I find they don’t always give me the results I want. Trust me – I have used drugstore products and luxury products to no avail. Many of them are just too much for my skin!
Table of Content
- 1 What is the best Diamond Tip Microdermabrasion Machine to use At-Home?
- 1.1 What is diamond microdermabrasion?
- 1.2 What are the benefits of diamond head microdermabrasion?
- 1.3 Who can use a diamond peel machine?
- 1.4 Advantages of at-home vs in a salon
- 1.5 3 Diamond Microdermabrasion Machines To Try
|Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine HB-SF01||295 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Zeny 3 in 1 Diamond Microdermabrasion Dermabrasion Machine||112 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Microdermabrasion was something I’d never tried before, but wanted to research because it sounds like a miracle worker for the minor skin issues I have right now. I originally looked into spa and salon treatments, but was disappointed with how expensive they can be! I can’t afford to spend thousands on my skin – especially for things like minor scarring and small wrinkles. Maybe when I’m older, but not yet!
Luckily, for a couple hundred dollars, or roughly the cost of 12 treatments in a salon, I can get my own diamond tip microdermabrasion machine to use at home. There are so many options out there for every person’s comfort level and budget. I thought I’d share with you a few machines I thought would be great athome options (because sharing is caring)! They range in price from around $50 to $250, and come with a variety of options to personalize your skincare treatment.
But first, here is a bit of an introduction to diamond microdermabrasion if you don’t know much about it. It’s definitely not something to take lightly, but with a little research you can easily find a machine that fits your needs.
What is diamond microdermabrasion?
Diamond microdermabrasion is a more aggressive form of exfoliation than your typical masks and scrubs. The device uses a diamond tipped wand to remove the top layer of your skin, while also using suction to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and fade acne scars.
Unlike traditional dermabrasion, which is performed by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon using harsh chemicals or lasers, diamond microdermabrasion is gentle enough to be done in a salon or at home. It is a great option for people with minor skin problems like dullness, uneven skin tone or minor wrinkles.
What are the benefits of diamond head microdermabrasion?
- Removes the top layer of skin without much irritation
- Exfoliate without use of chemicals (great if you are allergic to skincare products!)
- Reduces small wrinkles, scars, blemishes and hyperpigmentation
- Painless, nonsurgical procedure with little to no recovery time
- Improves skin tone, texture and elasticity
- Allows skincare products to absorb better, making them more effective
Who can use a diamond peel machine?
The best part is that anyone can use a diamond microdermabrasion machine!
Most machines are easily adjustable and come with a variety of diamond tips, so even people with sensitive skin can use them without irritation. You can spot treat smaller areas, or use a less abrasive diamond tip to prevent irritation on sensitive areas. Or you can use more abrasive or larger tips based on your individual needs!
I would highly recommend looking into them if you find other exfoliation methods (scrubs, masks, lasers, brushes) too irritating, or if you’re looking to target specific areas of the face. My skin is incredibly sensitive to certain chemicals and exfoliating products, so this is a great option for me because I can use the device without worrying about having an allergic reaction.
Advantages of at-home vs in a salon
The biggest reason to try an athome machine is the cost!
Many salons charge $100+ per treatment, and recommend several (510) treatments to see results. They are also more likely to try to upsell you additional treatments (masks, massage, consultations, etc.) that can drive the price up even more. I also noticed many salons use the same machines you can buy online for home use!
Instead of spending thousands to go to a salon or dermatologist, you can easily get the same treatment at home for around $200! Many of the machines also come with several tips to choose from, cleaning equipment, and replacement parts, which make it even more cost effective.
It’s also nice to know you can do the treatments on your own time. I don’t know about you, but I like being able to do my skincare treatments before bed, rather than take time out of my busy day to sit in a salon or doctor’s office!
Now that we know all about diamond microdermabrasion and its benefits, let’s look at 3 different machines you can try out at home. All of them are highly recommended on Amazon, and I found them at 3 different price points to fit anyone’s budget. If you click on the product title, it’ll take you straight to their Amazon page where you can read more about each machine, and read their amazing reviews!
3 Diamond Microdermabrasion Machines To Try
The Kendal 3 in 1 Diamond Dermabrasion Device is marketed as a professional diamond microdermabrasion device that includes several functions beyond just microdermabrasion! The set includes 9 microdermabrasion heads, 2 massage probes, and a skin scrubbing head for the ultimate spa experience. Just like the Zeny version, it is adjusted by using a dial, and can be adjusted to suit any skin type.
- This machine is used by professional aestheticians that rave about it in the review comments. Many professionals in the comments have one for personal use, which is a good endorsement of a product’s quality!
- It comes with several functions and options to create a truly individual treatment. You can use it for exfoliation, massage, and cleansing – something most machines don’t offer at this price point.
- Several people also said Kendal is great about replacing broken/worn parts, which is great to know before investing in a machine with so many parts!
- A great option if you are looking for a professionalgrade machine
- This company’s products are all reviewed highly on Amazon
- Much like the Zeny machine, this is not for beginners! People who complained about it mostly chalked it up to not knowing how to use the machine properly.
- It is heavy (almost 5lbs.) and would not travel well.
- This machine also comes with several parts that will need replacing over time, and cotton filters that need to be repurchased over time.
- The instructions can be found on YouTube, which people didn’t seem to like.
Comedo Suction Portable
The portable Krasr Comedo Suction Machine is a basic, handheld machine that includes 1 diamondtipped probe that exfoliates and 3 suction probes to remove dead skin, dirt and blemishes. The portable machine has 3 different suction options to adjust it to your needs. It also comes with both DC and USB cables to recharge it.
- At under $100, it’s an affordable option for beginners
- 3 levels of suction to suit your skin’s sensitivity
- Small size is perfect for traveling or small spaces
- Does not require using cotton filters that you have to keep repurchasing
- Appears to be easy to use and clean
- Fewer parts to clean and replace over time
- It only comes with one diamondtipped head, rather than the other machines, which have several coarseness and size options. If the one it comes with is too harsh or the wrong size, you may not be able to use it at all.
- Some people in the reviews complained about bruising or irritation from using it at too high of a suction setting, or from holding it in one place for too long. When first using it, try the lightest setting first and work your way up carefully.
Zeny 3 in 1
The Zeny 3 in 1 is a professional machine that is used by athome users and dermatologists/aestheticians, this machine comes with a variety of options to suit your individual needs. It comes with 9 different diamond tips, 3 wands, 3 suction heads, and everything you need to get a professional experience without the expensive price.
- The unit comes with 3 functions: diamond peel, suction, and a spray function to use afterwards to calm irritation. The spray function sounds divine, and the kind of indulgence you would get from a spa experience!
- Comes with several options of heads and easily adjustable suction for every skin type; you adjust the suction/force with a dial instead of only having a few options to pick from.
- Wands and microdermabrasion tips are metal, which are easier to clean and will last longer than plastic tips
- Machine looks easy and straightforward to use
- It is not a handheld device, which can be a pain if you’re used to other handheld exfoliating devices.
- This is not a device for beginners! Many complaints in the reviews were from people who had never done microdermabrasion before, and didn’t understand how powerful this machine can be.
- It can cause irritation, scratches, and bruising if not used correctly. Again, not for a novice user!
- It does come with a lot of parts that could need replacing over time, and it doesn’t seem like you can find those on Amazon – you’ll have to go directly to the company. I don’t mind doing that, but I know many people do.
- You have to replace the cotton filters with each use, and repurchase them regularly, which is an added expense.
So there you have it! If you were looking into using a diamond microdermabrasion machine, I would highly recommend checking out one of these 3 options. They show a great range of prices and options to make your at home skincare regimen even more effective!
For my own personal use, I will probably look into buying the Zeny machine because it has enough options to individualize my treatment while still being affordable! I don’t necessarily want to take a machine with me to travel, but if I did, the Krasr machine would be great for a long vacation or if you travel a lot for work.
Which machine would you want for your portable diamond peel?